Skip to main content

52 Weeks of Joy

Week 1

Following on the heels of the British blogs I have been obsessed with, I mean following, I've decided to document the joy in my life.  The things that I am grateful for during my weeks.  It's so easy to forget the joys in our lives and fall into the traps of all the things we think we are missing. Thank you Victoria, and don't give up on your blog!  Most of the other blogs are calling it "52 Weeks of Happy".  I have decided on Joy.

You see, happiness is an emotion.  It's fleeting.  It's usually driven by materialism... I would be happy if I had a bigger house.  I would be happy if I had a new car or the latest gadget. I may never get those things, so does that mean that I will never be happy? Probably.  But Joy! Now that's something I can always have.  Because I have Christ, I can count it all joy, even the hard stuff.

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials,
knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.”

- James 1:2-3

1. Sick babies I could cuddle with.
2. Traveling mercies for my little brother. 
3. Crocheting like a bandit with friends.
4. A place to call home, even it's just for a little while longer.
5. A half eaten sandwich left on the windowsill. 
6. A great after Christmas gift from my brother!

I hope that you can find things to be joyful about. And you can because you are His!

Blessings

Comments

  1. Your friendship is a joy in my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are awesome. nuff said. thankful for *you*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen Vanessa! Contentment is the key to a happy life and contentment only comes through Christ. I do want to hear more about that "1/2 sandwich on the windowsill"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you and your thankful heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So odd how Mom & I think alike.
    I was just going to mention the half sandwich!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Football Players Should Pick-up a Handicraft

This past week has been crazy in the world of sports, especially football.   Did you know that since this past Super Bowl 27 players have been arrested ? Three were just last week.  It's just crazy.  What's going on fellas? I mean seriously.  I get it.  Football is an extremely aggressive sport.  But why can't they leave all that crazy on the field?  When did it get like this?  Are there any classy players out there? I'm sure there are. Do you know who comes to mind when I think of classy football players? Rosie Grier .  Do you know him? My mom is always talking about him. He is a defensive lineman who played for the NY Giants from 1955-1962.  He also played with the Rams from 1963-67.  He would later become a body guard for Robert Kennedy.  Although he was not guarding Kennedy on the day of his assassination,  he was the one that took the gun from the assassin.   He was guarding Mrs. Kennedy that day.  There is your history lesson for the day.    He is not only kn

African Flowers!

What started out as an innocent day of yarn organizing turned into an explosion of African Flowers .  I  had come to the sad realization that until I used up all of my yarn I would not allow myself to purchase any more yarn, I came to the same conclusion with my kitchen pantry.  So I thought about what I could do with all of these different yarns, each one was purchased to make a different project that I probably started and took apart or just didn't finish, I'm a closet starter non-finisher.  There. Now that is out in the open. So I thought about what to make and thought these colors would all look great together on a blanket.  But I needed something that would be instant gratification because I had the itch to make something.  So I went to my trusty Pinterest board and got to lookin'.  First pin on my board was an African Flower baby blanket. I thought, this could be fun.  I would be trying a new pattern and it could be done pretty quick.  I found gr

Hearts, hearts and more hearts!

For the past couple of weeks I have been feverishly making little hearts.  My goal this year was to make my home a happy home.  One full of handmade things.  One that my children will always remember.  I have been heavy into crochet lately.  Mostly because of how quick and convenient it is to make.  I tried making snowflakes this past Christmas but ran out of time.  But I promised myself I would have something done in time for Valentine's day. And so... ta da!  I was making this everywhere I went, the doctors, the library, as a passenger in a car, in bed ( I never crochet in bed because I immediately fall asleep).  These were going to be done no matter what. I made tons and gave tons away.  I actually can't stop making them.  They make me super happy.  I found the original pattern over at Sarahndipities .  It was a lovely pattern but I did change it up bit.  (Round 3 and the garland directions are from Sarahndipities). Here's the pattern I reworked if you're intere